Wednesday, June 21, 2017

~Living Room Changes~


Early this Spring we added some shiplap to a wall in our living room to close up one side off the mantel and give it a more symmetrical look. After that was done I painted the whole area White Dove by Benjamin Moore.  


I have quite a few Snowmound Spirea shrubs and love how these white blooms and the greenery look in this room.


The french doors lead out to our patio where we will spend a lot of time this Summer and I hope to share more of that space with you soon.


Since there was going to be a lot of empty space behind the shiplap, we added a cubby to hold extra wood and a cupboard to store blankets, books, magazines, candles etc...

I added an industrial lamp to the wall for extra lighting.


These snowball Viburnum blooms are a great size to fit into small jars inserted in this oblong wooden bowl and I look forward to filling it with many other different kinds of flowers throughout the Summer. 



The other side of the room got simplified a little bit as well by adding another industrial style standing lamp and a few statuary pieces on a bench behind the sofa.



I love all the texture in this area and have more sealife shells and fans to add to the coral now that Summer has arrived:-)  

We are finally getting some warm sunny days, schools out and I look forward to spending time with my family and working outside in the garden. 

I hope you have fun plans this Summer!

12 comments:

  1. Love your industrial wall lamp mounted on a piece of wood. Where did you purchase that? or did you create it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lamp is from World Matket and we just mounted it onto a board.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely room -- all the soft white is perfect! I'd love to know where you purchased the sofa and chair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sofa is an Ektorp from Ikea and the chair we found yay Costco a couple years ago.

      Delete
  3. Love the shiplap. It always adds a unique look to a home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful I love everything you do
    nelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words 💟

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful room you've created, I love the wall!!!
    have a nice day,
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete